Testosterone replacement therapy is intended to treat male hypogonadism, an ailment in which the body fails to produce enough hormones because of an issue with the brain, testicles, or pituitary gland. Once a patient begins this therapy, the patient undergoes long-term treatment. The medical doctor will monitor the patient’s hormones every six months. However, there are a lot of important questions to answer. When is testosterone replacement therapy necessary? Is it safe? Here, we’ll provide answers to these questions.
Signs That I Need Testosterone Replacement Therapy?
Here are indications that you need testosterone replacement therapy.
- Low libido: You need testosterone replacement therapy if you are less interested in sex or lose your sex drive.
- Erectile dysfunction: If you’re experiencing erectile dysfunction, also known as impotence.
- Mood swings: If you’re experiencing constant changes in mood, depression, or difficulty in concentrating.
- Loss of muscle tone: Loss of bone density and loss of muscle mass that can lead to fractures are signs that you need testosterone replacement therapy.
- Decreased energy: Fatigue and loss of stamina are normal with age. However, you need testosterone replacement therapy when a regular lack of energy, feelings of lethargy, and frequent fatigue are present.
- Other signs include weight gain, poor memory, body hair loss, inability to recall specific words, shrinking testes, and even sleep disorders.
Is Testosterone Replacement Therapy Safe?
Testosterone replacement therapy got some misconception after several studies connected it to a higher incidence of cardiovascular problems. But those studies had some shortcomings. However, more recent studies have found testosterone therapy to be safe in men. However, some patients link testosterone replacement therapy to prostate cancer because it raises PSA levels, or prostate-specific antigen, a protein used for tumor growth in the prostate. But a study shows that once testosterone levels reach a specific point, they no longer affect prostate cancer development.
Current research shows that testosterone replacement therapy is safe in some patients with prostate cancer, but you need to discuss this with your physician. Men with abnormally high red blood cell count, severe sleep apnea, and other conditions aren’t the right candidates for testosterone. Therefore, you need to undergo a checkup with a urologist who specializes in men’s health.
What Are The Results You Expect?
The outcome of testosterone replacement therapy can be life-changing. This therapy restores your body’s testosterone levels, and most men will start to experience some relief one month after treatment, and symptoms will continue to improve with proper treatment. Other results you can expect include:
- Restored sex drive
- Improved stamina and energy
- Improvement of erectile dysfunction (ED)
- Increased muscle mass and bone density
- Reduced feelings of depression and better moods
Contact us For Testosterone Replacement Therapy San Antonio
Here at Innovative Urgent Care & Family Clinic, we provide testosterone replacement therapy that will give you a natural and safe way to restore your body’s vibrancy and add more years to your life. Contact us today at 210-455-6253 if you want to begin your journey to optimized hormone levels.Testosterone Replacement Therapy San Antonio